Since we’re both single and roughly the same age, it was hard for me not to treat our interview as a sort of date. Surprisingly, Chris did the same, asking all about me, my family, my job, my most recent relationship. And from ten minutes into that first interview, when he reached across the table to punctuate a joke by putting his hand on top of mine, Chris kept up frequent hand holding and lower-back touching, palm kissing and knee squeezing. He’s an attractive movie star, no complaints. I also didn’t know how much I was supposed to respond; when I did, it sometimes felt a little like hitting on the bartender or misconstruing the bartender’s professional fliirting for something more. I wanted to think it was genuine, or that part of it was, because I liked him right away.
Is this the part of a celebrity profile where I go into how blue the star’s eyes are? Because they are very blue.
Edith Zimmerman on Chris Evans in his new GQ profile.
This interview is blowing up today, I am definitely not mad at that.
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE
CHRIS EVANS FEVER MAKES ME WANT TO READ THIS CLASSIC AND ICONIC ARTICLE BY EDITH ZIMMERMAN FROM 2K11 - A TRUE GENIUS AND HERO. DO URSELF A FAVOR AND KNOW IT BY HEART.
(via onadarklingplain)2 days ago • 486 notes
2 weeks ago • 4 notes
My family didn’t grew up exposed to animals… unless you count the rat that played amongst my and my brother’s toys in the storeroom of our childhood flat. We had fighting fishes we called Fang and Fluffy when I was a teenager, but that ordeal faded out quickly since, well, fish doesn’t last very long as a pet, and keeping them was for the sheer pleasure of calling them ‘Fang’ and ‘Fluffy’.
I’ve always emphasised my hatred for cats, or rather my annoyance, and possibly my complete nonchalance. I think this is because I find it hard to process that some animals can be snobbier than I can be.
Guyyyys, this is a very important piece by Manisha on racism in Brunei and Singapore.
3 weeks ago • 7 notes
Much has been going on in the virtual world lately.
While we have a lot of positivity brewing thanks to social media campaigns like #100happydays and whatnot, these seem to be balanced out by the sightings of the totally opposite side of the spectrum namely negativity.
Because for everything reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction, according to Mr. Newton.
But where negativity is only a human reaction, the breeding of ignorance is something that is getting to my very nerve.
1 month ago • 14 notes
- "I need a great big pair of scissors, because we need to cut this distance between us."
- "I’m gonna need a scented letter set, calligraphy pen, and your home address."
- "How about we staple our clothes together and get outta here?"
- "I’m a ruler in bed."
- "You should just erase your past, because I wanna know about our future."
- "I would like to buy a pen so I can write down your phone number."
- "Wanna do Kama Sutra origami together?"
- "Are you gonna leave a permanent marker in my heart?"
- "How about we make a to-do list, if ya know what I mean?"
- "Oops! I spilt glue all over us! I guess we’ll just have to stick together from now on."
- Don’t forget the classic, “Pen merah, pen biru. You marah, I love you.”
- "Do you sell magic books? Coz Abraca-DAAAAMN."
- "Do you have label makers? I want to label you as mine."
- "Let’s get sticky like Post-its!"
- "I have an empty note-book. How about we fill it in with the story of us?"
- "I have a feeling you’ll be the highlight of my life."